ArtPrize is an outstanding way to Love God, Love People, and Love the City, as well as introducing MCC to many artists and art-lovers. What outreach-oriented church wouldn’t want 3,500 – 4,000 people walking through its doors in a three-week period? Past volunteers report having had fun meeting and greeting people. It also doesn’t hurt to hear a lot of compliments about the artwork, our building, and our ministry in Monroe North! People check us out as a result of ArtPrize, which has proven to be a means for MCC to demonstrate that we are welcome representatives of the Church of Jesus.
Install Day is Saturday, September 9.
- We’d love for 8 people to sign up to help greet artists and carry, load, or assist artists from 9 a.m. – Noon and stay for lunch Noon – 1pm.
- We’d love for 8 people to come for lunch at Noon – 1pm and stay to help in the same way until 4 pm or until we are done.
During ArtPrize, which runs Thursday, September 14 through Sunday, October 1: MCC needs hosts for the venue per the following schedule. If each MCC household does it once, we should be covered; there are 53 shifts. Friends and/or families can do it together! Make it a date night. The hardest shifts to cover are during the business day. If you are retired or have flexibility, please consider the weekday afternoon shifts:
- Weekdays: Noon – 2:30 pm, 2:30 – 5:00 pm, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturdays: 9:00 am – Noon, Noon – 2:30 pm, 2:30 – 5:00 pm, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Sundays: Noon – 3:30 pm
Takedown Day is Saturday October 7.
- There may be some wall repairs and cafe furniture to move back.
- We will also install the next show will be a return of more and new Prodigal Son work in the Worship Center and art from inmates involved with the Crossroads Prison Initiative in the Gallery.
- We’d love to have 5 people help install between 9 am and 1pm on Saturday, October 7.
An Instruction Sheet (even simpler than last year) will be emailed to every participant at least 2 days before their turn to host.
Here is the link to Sign Up to serve:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp: https://signup.com/go/uBUQnFW
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
Note: SignUp does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Steve Fridsma, who can sign you up manually: [email protected]